My Awesome Life, customized for children adopted from foster care, includes an additional section, My Adoption.
Adjust to Life with a New Family
- Pages like “My Adoption Plan” provide a safe way to share alternative perspectives on why the child is being adopted.
- Children can learn about their adoptive families through pages like “My Adoptive Family Tree.”
- Pages like “Being Adopted” offer a way to express feelings about adoption.
Remember and Celebrate Strengths of the Birth Family
- Pages like “My Mother”, “My Father”, and “My Brothers and Sisters” offer a way for the child to record details about his or her birth family.
- Pages like “Health History” offer a central place for children to record information that will be important later in life.
- Children discover their strengths through pages like “I am Special.”
- Pages like “My Firsts” celebrate the child’s achievements.