My Awesome Life, customized for children returning home from foster care, includes an additional section, Going Home.
Answer Questions About Returning Home
- Pages like “Going Home Plan” provide a safe way to share alternative perspectives on why the child is returning home.
- Children explore how home will be different through pages like “When I Think About Living with Mom/Dad.”
Keep Track of Important Friends and Memories
- Pages like “Staying in Touch” offers a central place to store contact information for important bonds made during foster care.
- Fill-in-the-blank format makes it easy for children to complete.
- Attach photos and write down memories for birth and foster families.
- Children discover their strengths through pages like “I am Special.”
- Pages like “My Firsts” celebrate the child’s achievements.