Healthy Start Recovery Home
The Healthy Start Recovery Home has two locations:
- Healthy Start East, located at LSSIs Addiction Treatment Center – Kenmore in Chicago
- Healthy Start West, located at LSSI Addiction Treatment Center – Elgin
- The Elgin location specializes in primary opiate use disorders and strongly encourages residents to engage with Medication Assisted Treatment
Healthy Start is a supportive environment that offers housing, peer support, case management, and on-site outpatient treatment. Residents have the opportunity to practice what they have learned in the treatment groups. Ultimately, the program prepares residents for sober living in the community.
House Managers are peers who have traveled the journey of recovery and who have found success. They provide support and mentorship to residents as they navigate their own recovery. In addition, residents work with their Case Manager to create individual plans for the next step in community living. Residents may attend off-site classes or jobs but return to the home for groups and counseling.
Who Would Benefit from this Program?
- Adults at least 18 years of age
- Substance free for a minimum of 3 days
- Recently completed a stay at a residential rehabilitation program
What Can Residents Expect?
- To receive services based on LSSI's Safety Protocols
- A shared room with personal bed, dresser, and closet space
- Breakfast and dinner are provided; Residents are responsible for their own lunch
- Counselors will listen to an individual’s goals and build a treatment plan with them
- Treatment includes individual, group, and family counseling
- Residents generally attend groups and have individual sessions with their counselor
- Counselors help residents access medical care, employment services, child care, benefits, etc.
How Long Can Someone Stay?
Our residents typically stay in the program for 3-6 months but may remain in the program for up to 1 year.
What Forms of Payment Are Accepted?
- Room & Board
- Kenmore: $112/weekly
- Elgin: $130/weekly
- Counseling and groups are covered by:
- Managed Care
- Commercial Insurance Plans (Aetna, BCBS, Humana, and Optum)
- Individuals without insurance may be eligible and fees are based on a sliding fee scale
How Do I Schedule an Intake?
All of LSSI's Substance Use Services are licensed by the State of Illinois’ Department of Substance Use Prevention & Recovery.