Intermittent CILA Program
Community Living for Adults with Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities
In Northwestern Illinois, LSSI has a community-living program that serves adults with an intellectual/developmental disability. The program is provided through the Intermittent CILA and Home-based Waivers. Eligible individuals could be those living at home with family, living in an apartment, or who want to live on their own. The program is very flexible and services could be provided for a minimum of 15 hours per week and then increased based on the person's needs.
Please call 833.610.LSSI (5774)833.610.LSSI (5774) to see if our services are right for you or your loved one.
Individualized plans are created with a can-do, creative approach to meet each person’s needs and to help them live as independently as possible. Our Team encourages individuals to:
- Perform their own personal care
- Create a routine
- Live safely
- Develop and maintain relationships with others
- To use resources in the community
LSSI's Intermittent CILA and Home-based Waivers programs may be appropriate for the following people:
- Adults who may have had a difficult time living in a group setting
- Individuals who are able to independent in the community
- Young adults (21 and older) who need to develop living skills with goals of independent living
- Adults who have medical needs that may not be appropriate for group living
- Adults who have never lived on their own
LSSI's Intermittent CILA program is offered in Caroll, Jo Daviess, Lee, Ogle, and Whiteside Counties.
Individuals must have an active Home/Community-based Waiver in Illinois to qualify for services. If you have questions on how to apply for a waiver, please call the Developmental Disabilities Helpline: 1.888.DD.PLANS (1.888.337.5267)
Please call 833.610.LSSI (5774)833.610.LSSI (5774) to see how we can help you or your loved one.