Intermediate Care for Adults with Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities
In Homer Glen, a suburb southwest of Chicago, LSSI offers intermediate care at its Shady Oaks campus. The campus is made up of 2 intermediate care buildings and a day training facility that serve adults with intellectual/developmental disabilities who have medically complex needs. The campus is spacious, quiet, and has a suburban atmosphere.
Both intermediate care facilities offer the support that helps residents live as independently as possible in a safe, home-like environment.
Please call 833.610.LSSI (5774)833.610.LSSI (5774) to see if Shady Oaks is right for you or your loved one.
- Each building houses up to 16 residents
- Double occupancy rooms
- Residents can decorate their rooms based on their interests and preferences
- Access to the on-campus developmental training program
- Participation in a variety of social activities like field trips, shopping, walks, games, art/crafts, and special in-house activities
- 12 hours of nursing care per day
- Help with physical needs like bathing, shaving, eating, dressing, and medication
- Nutritionally balanced meals
- Management of wheelchairs, communicative devices, and other adaptive equipment
- Scheduling of visits from medical professionals. And, if necessary, transportation to medical specialists
- Encouragement to volunteer for Handfuls of Hope, an on-campus vocational program
Who Can Live at Shady Oaks?
- Men and women with intellectual/developmental disabilities
- Adults who have medically complex needs but who don’t require skilled nursing care
- Individuals who may have difficulty walking and/or use a wheelchair and require assistance transferring
- Individuals who receive Medicaid or who pay privately
Shady Oaks meets Intermediate Care Facility for the Developmentally Disabled (ICF/DD) requirements that are set by the Illinois Department of Public Health.
Schedule a Tour
Please call 833.610.LSSI (5774)833.610.LSSI (5774) to schedule a tour at Shady Oaks.