CILA Homes for Adults with Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities
LSSI offers 3 CILA Homes for adults age 18+ with intellectual/developmental disabilities. Our CILAs help residents achieve maximum growth in a supportive environment. All of our CILA Homes are licensed by the Illinois Department of Human Services (IDHS). LSSI’s CILA programs are relicensed every 3 years by the Illinois Bureau of Accreditation, Licensure, and Certification. Our CILA programs received a score of 94.4 on our most recent state audit.
Please call 833.610.LSSI (5774) 833.610.LSSI (5774) to inquire about our CILA Homes.
Fostering Independence & Self-Esteem
Using a person-centered approach to give residents choice and independence, we:
- provide structure and supervision
- empower residents to be more self-sufficient
- encourage independence and safe decision-making
- add to their independent living skills
- develop and maintain relationships
- help residents use resources in the community
“We respond to each individual’s dignity with respect and encourage each individual to attain the highest quality of life, personal growth, and spiritual awareness.”
-Program Director, The Artesian
During a typical day, residents may:
- Attend a workshop or day training program
- Participate in activities that help with interacting with friends and within the community like bowling, swimming, Special Olympics, and parties
- Complete household chores like making their bed, washing dishes, setting the table, or cleaning
Care for Physical Needs
Staff members tend to residents’ needs by assisting with bathing, shaving, eating, dressing, and providing medication. Medical professionals provide residents with regular care. If necessary, they are taken to medical specialists.
Maintaining Family Connections
Residents can visit their families as much as they want. In addition, we welcome input from family and friends on how we can improve care for their loved ones.
To schedule a tour at any of our CILA Homes, please call 833.610.LSSI (5774) 833.610.LSSI (5774).