Kingston Place Apartments is a gem in the South Shore community of Chicago. It stands tall in the community and is known as a building that takes care of its residents, as well as the community at large. Staff members are committed to providing safe, quality housing for seniors with limited incomes. Kingston Place offers 80 one-bedroom apartments, including four that are fully accessible for people with disabilities. All of the apartments can be adapted for residents with physical challenges.
Apartment amenities include:
- Electric stove and refrigerator
- Individually controlled heat
- Wall-to-wall carpeting (in living room and bedroom)
- Air conditioning
- Bathroom grab bars
- Emergency call system
In addition, the building site offers residents:
- Community room
- Laundry room
- Billiard room
- On-site management and maintenance services
- On-site, full-time social service coordinator to help residents connect with community resources and other needed services
Residents must be 62 or older and meet specific income guidelines set by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Rent is 30 percent of the resident’s adjusted annual income.