Intouch Adult Day Services
In Moline, LSSI provides older adults with increased physical, mental, and social stimulation. Participants maintain their independence and increase their confidence while interacting with peers in a wide range of educational and social programs such as gardening clubs, a veterans group, and many more. The program also provides services specifically designed for participants with special needs, including adults 18 and older with brain injuries and those with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia.
Adult Day Services strives to give caregivers peace-of-mind and respite from their caregiving responsibilities, which is especially helpful to caregivers who work during the day. Adult Day Services also helps seniors and families by preventing premature placement of elders in long-term care facilities.
The center serves a wide range of clients, with a focus on the following groups:
- Active Adults
- Special Touch for those people living with Alzheimer’s or another dementias
- Community Helpers Program (ChiPs) for individuals 18 years old and older who have sustained brain injuries
Some of the services offered include:
- Transportation to events and doctor’s appointments via buses equipped with hydraulic lifts.
- Basic health monitoring, equipped by licensed nurses.
- A noon meal (special diets can be accommodated).
- On-site physical, occupational and speech therapy with physician’s order.
- Personal care, weekly beauty shop services and monthly foot-care clinic.
Clients at Intouch Adult Day Services enjoy a variety of activities, including:
- Veterans Group with special trips and activities
- Ceramics, craft and Master Gardener classes
- Daily exercise programs, along with seminars on nutrition and health
- Pet and music therapy
- Use of computers
- Intergenerational programs
- Educational, spiritual and other recreational programs
- Outings and many other activities
The center occupies 21,000 square feet and offers several activity rooms, an enclosed garden area and a secure Alzheimer’s section with four activity rooms. Intouch Adult Day provides its participants with things to do, people to see and talk to, a good, nutritious noon meal and, if needed, medical and personal care.
The cost for Adult Day Services depends on a couple of factors: type and amount of medical and personal services needed, and whether or not we will be providing transportation to and from our site. At the time of the initial assessment, an individualized care plan is established, and fees are discussed. Unfortunately, Medicare does not currently cover the cost of adult day service. However, other possible payment sources are available and are discussed at the initial assessment. Adult Day will work with participants and family to help individuals receive qualified funding from the Illinois Dept. on Aging, the Veteran’s Administration and/or the Illinois Dept. of Rehabilitation Services.
To get answers to your questions or to arrange a meeting or tour of our facility, contact director Sharon Patten at 309.797.0200 between 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday or email her at Sharon.Patten@LSSI.org any time.