Lutheran Social Services of Illinois (LSSI) recently announced program closures and staff cuts throughout Illinois due to the state's inability to pass a budget. LSSI created a plan to restructure its services and shore up resources for the viability and continuation of the organization.
So in conjunction with the difficult decision to close programs, and its impact on clients, employees and communities, LSSI is establishing a broader, long-term plan to help insure the organization's sustainability into the future.
We are grateful for the confidence our ELCA Illinois Synod Bishops have expressed in LSSI's commitment to our mission, which remains strong, and guides us to continue serving children, families, seniors, individuals with disabilities, and formerly incarcerated people in communities across Illinois.
Through the collective support of our partner churches and donors who have placed their trust in LSSI, we are committed to continuing our ministry.
Continuing services include:
- mental health
- alcohol and drug treatment
- Head Start
- service for at-risk families
- residential programs for adults with developmental disabilities
- foster care
- affordable senior housing
- home care
- programs that help children maintain connections to their incarcerated parent
Contact Information for Inquiries
Media calls should be directed to Barb Hailey in Communications at 847.635.4686 or Pam Austin at 847.390.1494.
- How social service cuts will hurt recovering addicts, veterans
- Illinois budget woes gouge social program
- Lutheran Social Services closing two Elgin treatment programs
- Alton program victim of Illinois budget impasse
- Rauner: No good excuse for lack of state budget
- Rauner: No good excuse for latest social service cuts
- Rauner's wife hires new chief of staff for $100K amid state social service cuts
- Lutheran Social Services CEO talks about deep job, program cuts; Social Service Programs Forced to Close; Now Waiting for the Other Shoe to Drop
- State's largest human service provider cutting 30 programs because of budget mess
- Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart Blasts Gov. Rauner for "Deplorable" Inaction Leading to Social Service Cuts
- Cuts to largest social service provider
- Service provider cutting 30 programs because of budget mess
- Lutheran Social Services cuts 30 programs due to state budget
- Big Lutheran social agency cuts 750 jobs amid budget impasse
- Lutheran Social Services cuts ripple through senior care, veterans programs in Rockford area
- Cutting programs an "agonizing process" says social service provider
- Illinois' largest social services provider undergoes drastic cuts
- Illinois unravels safety net one strand at a time
- Brown: Sad state of affairs getting worse by the day
- Illinois budget fix: Just don't pay the bills