Thrivent Financial Members
The Thrivent Choice® program lets members recommend where some of the Thrivent Financial for Lutherans® charitable outreach funds go by directing their Choice Dollars®. Learn how you can help direct Thrivent Choice Dollars to LSSI at Thrivent.com, or by calling 1.800.THRIVENT.
Thrivent Action Teams*
LSSI can benefit from a Thrivent Action Team when you bring together a team of volunteers, friends, and family to work towards a common goal. It’s not a gift or a grant. It’s seed money, and it’s an investment to help get your project started and gain awareness for LSSI.
To apply online, go to Thrivent.com: at the top of the page, click on “Making a Difference” and then choose “Action Teams.” Alternatively, you can apply by calling 800.847.4836 and saying "Thrivent Action Teams.”
For more information about how you can form an action team to benefit LSSI, contact Susan Greeley at 847.635.4617 or Susan.Greeley@LSSI.org.
LSSI Thrivent Action Team Opportunities
LSSI provides affordable housing for seniors and adults with disabilities at 21 housing communities in Illinois. Many of the residents are on a fixed income. Gifts of food, time, and fellowship are appreciated. Below are a few examples of Action Team projects that benefit the residents of our sites:
- Gift bags or baskets that have fresh fruits and vegetables. Fresh fruit and vegetables packaged in decorated paper bags.
**Must provide gift bags for all residents. Or can provide trays of cut up veggies, like celery, carrots, tomatoes, etc., which would be placed in community rooms for all to enjoy. Dependent on space, preparation of bags/platters may be done at some sites.
- Landscaping/beautification at the sites or provide small potted plants for residents to receive and maintain.
- Funding a professional entertainer to perform for residents and hosting a reception with refreshments.
- Funding a bingo event, with prizes and refreshments. Action team members can also volunteer to run the event.
- Fund/teach an art class or a craft activity, including supplying the materials.
View the list of our sites to find one in your community.
*All Thrivent members are eligible to lead a Thrivent Action Team. Multiple members cannot apply to receive a Thrivent Action Kit to be used toward the exact same project.