What happens during the early years is crucial for every child’s development and is a period of great opportunity. Early experiences form the foundation for health, cognitive ability, personality, social behavior, and the capacity to learn.
LSSI's early childhood programs have been in existence for more than 40 years, providing high quality, diverse and culturally sensitive services for children and families in several Chicago’s neighborhoods (Austin, Rogers Park, and Uptown). All of LSSI’s centers are accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) and receive funding through city, state and federal sources.
Our goal is to create a stimulating learning environment that promotes social competency and school readiness for preschool age children who are academically and economically at risk.
LSSI provides services for children who are 3-5 years of age, with or without disabilities. Programming is designed to develop students’ social skills and school readiness. The curriculum covers the essential skills to prepare children for a successful transition to kindergarten and later school success.
Our program includes:
- Qualiﬁed, degreed, bilingual staff who love to teach children
- Computers in every classroom
- Free field trips
- Educational curriculum that promotes kindergarten readiness
- Nutritious meals every day
- Children with special needs welcomed
- Beautiful, well-structured playground
- Parent engagement opportunities and activities
- Safe drop off and parking lot
To learn more about our Head Start programs, call:
- LSSI Head Start Program Information: 847.390.1445
- Austin Town Hall Children’s Center: 773.379.0901
- Rogers Park Children’s Center: 773.262.3366
- Winthrop Children’s Center: 773.878.3210