Alcohol/Drug Treatment Services
LSSI provides a range of treatment options to help individuals with alcohol and/or drug disorders. Our services cover both medical (beginning in 2015) and non-medical detox, residential rehabilitation, residential extended aftercare (halfway house and sober living facility), and outpatient treatment.
All of LSSI’s treatment services are licensed by the Illinois Department of Human Services Division of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse. LSSI works in financial partnership with the federal government, the state of Illinois, townships and the United Way (in Sterling only) to offer services to persons who are economically disadvantaged. Because of the demand for services, some LSSI programs have waiting lists. Funding is available for all whose incomes meet DASA (Division of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse) eligibility requirements, which are based on the federal poverty guidelines.
LSSI provides outpatient treatment programs and services at sites in Arlington Heights, Chicago, Elgin, and Sterling. Outpatient services include:
- Individual, group and family counseling services for those affected by substance abuse.
- DUI risk education - all sites except Elgin
- DUI evaluation - Sterling
- Bilingual (Spanish) services – Arlington Heights
For more information, call 773.282.7800, ext. 220 or call a site directly:
- Arlington Heights – 847.640.7954
- Chicago Belmont – 773.637.0487
- Chicago Edgewater – 773.764.4350
- Elgin – 847.741.2600
- Sterling – 815.626.7333
At the Kenmore Center in Chicago, LSSI provides a non-medical environment where individuals can safely withdraw from drugs and/or alcohol. Clients are:
- Supervised and monitored by EMTs (emergency medical technicians) 24/7, with vital signs being checked on a regular basis.
- Assigned a counselor, who works with the individual as they become stable, in order to assess the need for further treatment.
- May stay up to 14 days at Kenmore, after which they can move into an outpatient or residential treatment program with LSSI or another agency.
To learn more, call the Kenmore Center at 773.275.7962.
Residential Rehabilitation Services
LSSI offers inpatient/residential substance abuse treatment centers that work with individuals seeking to attain and maintain sobriety. Clients in this program attend structured educational presentations, counseling groups and individual/family counseling. Medicaid-funded clients are eligible for admission.
To learn more, contact our main office in Des Plaines or one of the sites directly:
- Des Plaines – 773.282.7800, ext. 220
- Elgin – Behavioral Health Center – 847.741.2600
- Nachusa ‘Choices’ – 815.284.7796
Residential Extended Aftercare
LSSI offers two types of residential aftercare arrangements for men and women who are seeking to maintain sobriety.
Halfway House/Extended Aftercare provides a residential program that helps individuals maintain their sobriety and continue to receive limited treatment while transitioning to their communities. Available at the following sites:
- Chicago – Men’s Residence North – 773.338.5105
- Chicago – BHHOP Recovery Home – 773.338.9044
- Elgin – Men’s Residence West – 847.741.2600
- Sober Living (Recovery Support)
- Chicago – S.O.S. (Sober on Sherwin) – 773.933.0666
- Chicago – Walsh Residence – 773.262.1630