Medication-assisted Alcohol & Drug Detox
The journey to recovery is an ongoing and lifelong process, but it doesn't have to be accomplished alone. Lutheran Social Services of Illinois (LSSI) helps adults struggling with drugs and alcohol.
The medication-assisted detox program at the Kenmore Center provides a safe and sober environment for people who are withdrawing from alcohol or opiates (like heroin). Care is directed by a physician and our nurses are on the unit 24 hours/day to administer medications and assess each client's health. Counselors work with clients to address their specific situation and help them connect to the next level of treatment. Detox is often the first step in an individual's recovery process.
Services are for Adults Who...
- have recently used alcohol or opiates (like heroin or oxycodone) and need medical services to have a safe withdrawal
- are able to move around on their own and can consent to being in treatment
- do not have any infectious diseases
- have Medicaid, Medicaid Managed Care, and some commercial insurances
- are not pregnant
- can commit to staying at our facility for 3-5 days
- Alcohol or opioid intoxication or withdrawal
- Medically cleared, ambulatory, able to self-care, and be alert and decisional
- All existing medical and mental health issues are stable
- Acute communicable diseases
- Patient not eligible to receive suboxone if:
- Recent methadone use
- Recent benzodiazepine use with a history of frequent use