Lutheran Social Services of Illinois (LSSI) offers rehabilitation services for adults who have decreased physical function as a result of illness or injury.
- P.A. Peterson Center for Health in Rockford provides highly specialized, rehabilitative services – physical, occupational and speech therapy — on a short-term basis to people who are 18 years old and older and no longer require the acute care of a hospital, but are not yet ready to return home.
This unit includes treatment for, but is not limited to:
- Cardiovascular conditions
- Circulatory disorders
- General medical conditions
- General orthopedic including hip and knee replacements
- Severe asthma
- St. Matthew Center for Health in Park Ridge provides orthopedic and stroke/cardiovascular rehabilitation. Its interdisciplinary team includes nurses, therapists and a dietitian. The team works together to have people up and about as quickly as possible, and also provides ongoing education to patients and their families about the most effective treatment strategies.
Prior to the individual’s return home, St. Matthew’s therapists may conduct a home safety evaluation and make recommendations. The Social Services Department works with the patient and family to make sure that needed home services and equipment is in place prior to the person’s discharge.
815/399-8832 P.A. Peterson Center for Health, Rockford
847/825-5531 St. Matthew Center for Health, Park Ridge