Our Savior’s Senior Housing
Located in the south Chicago suburb of Dolton, Our Savior’s Senior Housing is convenient to public transportation. Our Savior’s offers 99 one-bedroom apartments, five designed for residents who are physically challenged.
Apartment amenities include:
- Wall-to-wall carpeting (in living room and bedroom)
- Vertical blinds
- Stove and refrigerator
- Individually controlled heat
- Emergency call system
- Cable TV access
In addition, the building site includes:
- Coin-operated laundry
- On-site parking for residents
- Bus transportation to local shopping areas, provided by management
- Community room, game room, library and computer room
- Garden spaces are available for planting vegetables and flowers
- Concrete walking path for exercise
An on-site social service coordinator can link residents with available social services in the community, such as homemaker services and home-delivered meals. Residents are active and participate in the planning of site activities and trips in and outside the community.
Thornton Township offers a variety of amenities to Our Savior’s, including food baskets every month, monthly blood pressure checks and free or affordable bus transportation for medical appointments and shopping within the township. There are local pharmacies in the area that provide home delivery.
Residents must be 62 years or older and meet specific income guidelines set by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Rent is based on 30 percent of the resident’s adjusted income.