Elmbrook Senior Residence
With easy access to Chicago via the train and bus, Elmbrook Senior Residence is located in Elmwood Park, a small, suburban community. It is a few blocks from the village center, which features a library and stores. Elmbrook offers 72 one-bedroom and studio apartments, eight of which are wheelchair-accessible.
Apartment amenities include:
- Full kitchen with stove and refrigerator
- Wall-to-wall carpeting (in living room and bedroom)
- Air conditioning
- Individually controlled heat
- LifeLine Emergency Call System
In addition, residents also enjoy:
- On-site laundry facilities
- Community room
- Gardening area
- An on-site social services coordinator
A meals-on-wheels program is also available through community services.
Residents must be 62 or older, or physically disabled persons 18 years and older, and meet specific income guidelines set by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Rent is 30 percent of the resident’s adjusted annual income.